Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and your family; I appreciate the responsibility and the opportunity that come with it. Please read everything on this page, then complete the registration at the end. If you have questions or wish to discuss your needs in more detail after reading this, please contact me! Important Notes:
1. Students must work diligently and consistently between lessons to benefit from test prep. Our lessons are only the foundation for their improvement.
2. Students learn and improve by
doing practice questions and drills;
checking their answers;
reading answer explanations; and
doing further practice as necessary based on that feedback.
All of these steps matter. How students practice is as important as how much. More important, actually!
3. Homework will always be listed on a Google Doc that I will share with parent(s) and student.
4. Nothing I assign can change the fundamental fact that the more time and effort a student puts in, the better he or she will do on test day. There is always more that a motivated student can do. Students who don't know what to do or want to additional practice can—and should—ask me.
5. This is not school, so no credit is earned for just "finishing" homework assignments. What matters is mastering the material and being able to remember and use it on test day. Parents, you can reinforce this idea by asking your student not if they've finished their test prep homework, but whether they have mastered the material we've covered, done repeated practice to encode it in long-term memory, and re-tested their mastery of older material.
6. Long-term memory is based on repetition and consistency. For this reason, I expect students to do test prep work on at least 4 days every week, with the understanding that some of those days might allow for less practice time than others.
7. Please read the following Client Service Agreement completely and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.
Client Service Agreement Please print or save this information for your records
Fees for test prep and college admissions consulting:
Individual tutoring: $200/hour
Group tutoring: $200/hour individual fee + $20/hour per additional student; total cost split amongst participants (e.g., 2 students are $110/hour each)
Test Innovators online platform (scoring, analysis, and practice exercises): $125 for SAT or ACT, $200 for both tests
Books/materials at cover prices
Payment: You will receive an invoice on the 1st of each month for all hours and materials accumulated during the previous month. Payment is due within 15 days. You are responsible for all costs arising from returned checks or other payment issues. Payment may be made by check, cash, and Zelle (preferred) or by credit card.
Cancellation/Missed Lessons: Cancellations within 24 hours will result in charges for the full scheduled lesson time. Students working in groups must make up missed lessons as these lessons are sequential and cumulative. These make up sessions will be billed at the rates listed above. All group lessons are billed based on the number of students who actually attend each lesson. You approve of your student scheduling directly with me unless you tell me otherwise.
Communication/Confidentiality: You approve of me contacting your student’s school counselor and/or college counselor as appropriate regarding topics related to college admissions. I will not share your student or family’s personal information or data beyond the student, family, and school/college counselor without your family’s consent.
Academic Honesty: I will not facilitate, enable, or otherwise be involved in academically dishonest behavior. I may notify schools, teachers, admissions offices, etc. of academically dishonest behavior as I see appropriate.
Guarantee: Because of the nature of my services, I do not provide any guarantee of results. Families are always free to stop working with me at any time. However, no results-based discounts, credits, refunds, etc. will be provided.
Grade Reporting: You will provide me with your student’s complete test scores (including all College Board and ACT, Inc. tests), grades, and college admissions decisions upon request. This includes returning surveys sent to you near the end of senior year!
Finally, please follow the appropriate link to register and submit your information to me: